Dec 3, 2010

Moment of the Year

{#reverb10 post}
December 3: Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

One moment. I have several from this year that were very defining for me--marriage, graduation. They were both a big deal. But the one particular second I often think back to is the day after our wedding (two days after my graduation).

My husband and I were driving from our hotel in Chattanooga to the airport in Atlanta. We were listening to a CD my old roommate had made for us as a wedding gift--she had asked a bunch of our friends and family for song dedications and messages, then acted as DJ. As we were driving down the road, the stress that had built up from school, the wedding and even my dad's medical condition melted away. In that moment I was free. I was hours away from flying off to Cancun, and I was listening to the voices of the people in the world that I care most about.

1 comment:

janet said...

this has a romantic air to it. maybe it's chattanooga and cancun :)