Dec 5, 2010

Prompt 4: Why I moved

#reverb10 Challenge
Prompt: Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

As I was nearing graduation and marriage earlier this year, I begin to truly realize that I had no idea where I was going or what I was doing after May 3. The whole world was completely open to me. For the first time, there wasn't a pre-planned "next step." I knew that it was up to me (or me and my husband) to decide what would come next for us.

We begin to peek down every avenue. Every new opportunity we considered. And that's how I ended up here. In Virginia. Away from everyone my family and everything familiar. I considered a job I never dreamed I would want to do, and it's really opened my thinking further. I still feel that everything is possible. Nothing is off limits.

1 comment:

gnomesque said...

I admire anyone who can embrace big scary changes this way. It sounds like it's worked out for you - I hope it continues to!