Nov 16, 2008

Fall...er...Winter....

Last week was fall, this week is winter. Fall seems to be the shortest season, perhaps because it's my favorite. Tonight it was 32 degrees, and only two days ago, nights were about 2o degrees warmer. Last Sabbath afternoon(not yesterday but a week earlier), Desmond, Roxy, and I went to Red Clay State Park, just to get away from everything. The colors were beautiful. The leaves were falling; the air was crisp and fresh. Now it's just cold.


But it's okay. I think I may be getting sick though. I can't stop sneezing!

I do wish I had a good place to sit outside and think. My mind is freed and I become more creative. And creativity is most beneficial during these last few weeks of the semester when I'm feeling quite burned out. I don't like to be forced to be creative. Desmond always says that's what school is about--it trains you to be creative when you don't feel like it. I know he's right. and that I'm a bit of an idealist. To my defense, I can and do force creativity (though I resent it).

But what I love about my the air, the smells, the color of fall is that it awakens that natural creativity. The only kind that feels right to me. It's not rushed, just released. I don't work at the dictates of professors or bosses. I begin to create for me.

1 comment:

The Oregonian said...

only two posts? what are you hiding in all your deleted material?